curriculum guidelines sought for Russian (fwd)

Devin P Browne dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu
Thu Feb 8 00:15:56 UTC 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 13:09:36 -0400
From: Jean and Bob <FLTEACH+ at SNYCORVA.CORTLAND.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list FLTEACH <FLTEACH at UBVM.CC.BUFFALO.EDU>
Subject: curriculum guidelines

Date: Wed, 07 Feb 1996 10:30:45 -0800
From: Roxanna <sohladmin at sasknet.sk.ca>

Hello:

As the administrator for the Canadian Languages Network/Reseau canadien
des langues, a non-profit organization established to provide access to
curriculum development, classroom models and teaching tools currently in
use in heritage language classrooms around the world, I would like to
know if you could refer me to some curriculum guidelines for teaching the
following languages:
Dutch
Punjabi
Arabic
Russian

Generally the information I am particuluarly interested in is suitable
for children between the ages of 5 and 15.  Other information would of
course be helpful.

For your information we have numberous heritage language schools in
Saskatchewan and across Canada but they are mainly run by volunteers who
wish to pass on their mother tongue to their children and grandchildren.

Through our Internet connection teachers and students can request
information free of charge.  We try to get them any information which may
help them to enhance their teaching and learning skills.  Since most of
their classes take place on the weekends for 2-3 hours they do not have a
great deal of time with students.  They are often interested in teaching
tools, ie: games, music and dance.

If you have any reference materials and/or curriculum guidelines you
could suggest I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for any reply

Roxanna
 <sohladmin at sasknet.sk.ca>
 Saskatchewan Organization for Heritage Languages