Alis Multilingual web browser? Any experience?

George Mitrevski mitrege at mail.auburn.edu
Fri Feb 9 23:05:27 UTC 1996

George Fowler wrote:

> Greetings!
>      I happened to run across mention of the "Alis Multilingual WWW
> Browser"; it has a web page at
> They claim to have the best support for foreign language web pages,
> diacritics, other alphabets, etc.

I don't know about this specific browser, but I ran into one for the Mac that is
advertised as multilingual. I don't know what the big deal is about these
multilingual browsers. If multilingual means you are able to read documents with
 8
bit fonts and in the various codings (Latin-2 etc.), than I doubt there are any
browsers that can't do that. I myself use Netscape. I set it up so that it uses
KOI-8 fixed width and proportional font, and Western (MacRoman) encoding, and
 PRESTO!
For creating HTML documents I use BBEdit, which allows me to select a KOI-8
 default
font.

George Mitrevski

Dr. George Mitrevski                    office: 334-844-6376
Foreign Languages                          fax: 334-844-6378
6030 Haley Center                       e-mail: mitrege at mail.auburn.edu
Auburn University
Auburn, AL 36849-5204

List of my WWW pages: http://www.auburn.edu/~mitrege/index.html