Alis Multilingual web browser? Any experience?

Ernest Scatton escatton at cnsvax.albany.edu
Sat Feb 10 17:19:55 UTC 1996

Regarding fonts:
    What solutions have people who are writing HTML come up with for IPA
and the symbols of other phonetics character sets? I'm working on pages
for intro to linguistics course, and I've only been able to come up with
.gif files for IPA, but nothing for the so-called "international" AATSEEL
type of transcription/transliteration.

Thanks.