Russkij mat

E. Wayles Browne ewb2 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 10 20:45:26 UTC 1996

>Very interesting anecdotes!  Regarding prison slang, I recall that there is
>a "real" (non-samizdat (=izdatizdat!?)) Russian-English Dictionary of Prison
>Slang,
TITLE:  Soviet prison camp speech; a survivor's glossary. Supplemented
                   by terms from the works of A. I. Solzenicyn. Compiled by
                   Meyer Galler and Harlan E. Marquess.

        AUTHOR:  Galler, Meyer.

     PUBLISHED:  [Madison] University of Wisconsin Press [1972]

      SUBJECTS:  Russian language--Slang--Dictionaries.
                 Prisoners--Soviet Union.

         NOTES:  English and Russian.
                 Bibliography: p. 51-56.

Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics
Morrill Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.
tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)