NSL X

Howard I. Aronson hia5 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Feb 16 16:13:41 UTC 1996

The Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures and the Department of
Linguistics of the University of Chicago announce the Tenth International
NSL Conference (Non-Slavic Languages Conference, formerly the Conference on
the Non-Slavic Languages of the USSR), which will take place at the
University of Chicago, Thursday-Saturday, 8-10 May 1997. We solicit papers
dealing with any linguistic aspects of non-Slavic languages presently or
historically spoken on the territories of the successor states to USSR,
i.e., the Baltic republics and the member republics of the Commonwealth of
Independent States. 30 minutes will be allotted for presentation and
discussion of each paper. Papers must be presented in English. Funding
permitting, we hope to publish papers presented at the Conference. Those
interested in participating should sent a one-page abstract of their
proposed paper to one of the addresses below. Faculty members are
particularly requested to encourage graduate students to submit abstracts.
Please send a copy of your abstract on a floppy disk (preferably 3.5" (90
mm.)) or, ideally, submit your abstract by e-mail. The deadline for receipt
of abstracts is 1 October 1996. You will be notified if your paper has been
accepted for presentation by 1 November 1996. As in past years, the
Conference will be followed by the Conference on the Cultures of Caucasia
on Saturday and Sunday, 10-11 May 1997.

Howard I. Aronson / Bill J. Darden / Victor A. Friedman, Conference Organizers

In replying, please indicate:
*your name
*address and affiliation
*whether you are submitting/will submit an abstract
*title of propsed paper *languages and linguistic families dealt with
*if not sumitting an abstract, do you want to remain on our mailing list?

For further information: E-mail:hia5 at midway.uchicago.edu        Fax: 312
702-9861
US Mail: NSL-10, Dept. of Slavic Langs & Lits Univ. of Chicago 1130 E. 59th
St. Chicago, IL 60637

Phone: 312-702-8033

Howard I. Aronson                              Office: 312-702-7734
Slavic Langs & Lits, Univ of Chicago           Home:   312-935-7535
1130 East 59th St                              Slavic: 312-702-8033
Chicago, IL 60637                  e-mail: hia5 at midway.uchicago.edu