Conference on Caucasus Cultures

Howard I. Aronson hia5 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Feb 16 16:13:52 UTC 1996

THE EIGHTH CONFERENCE ON THE CULTURES OF CAUCASIA

Saturday-Sunday, 10-11 May 1997

Call for Papers
The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures of the University of
Chicago and the Society for the Study of Caucasia announce the Eighth
Conference on the Cultures of Caucasia, to be held Saturday-Sunday, May
10-11, 1997. The conference will immediately follow the Tenth Biennial
Non-Slavic Language Conference, scheduled for May 8-10, 1993.

The conference will cover all areas of folklore, literature, art, music,
ethnography, history, political science, economics, and sociology of the
peoples of the North and South Caucasus. (Papers on linguistics will be
presented at the NSL Conference.) Each paper will have thirty minutes
allotted for presentation and discussion. Papers must be presented in
English. We invite you to submit an abstract of no more than one page for
consideration for inclusion in the program to the above address by October
1, 1996. Please also send a copy of your abstract on a floppy disk
(preferably 3.5" (90 mm.)) or submit your abstract by e-mail. You will be
notified if your paper has been accepted for presentation by 1 November
1996. Advanced graduate students are particularly encouraged to submit
abstracts.

To submit abstracts or for further information, please contact conference
organizer Howard I. Aronson c/o
Dept. of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Chicago
1130 E. 59th St
Chicago, IL 60637

 or, preferably, reply by e-mail to: hia5 at midway.uchicgo.edu

In replying, please indicate:
*your name
*address
*affiliation
*whether you are submitting/will submit an abstract
        *title of propsed paper
        *discipline(s) and cultures dealt with
*if not sumitting an abstract, do you want to remain on our mailing list?

Howard I. Aronson                              Office: 312-702-7734
Slavic Langs & Lits, Univ of Chicago           Home:   312-935-7535
1130 East 59th St                              Slavic: 312-702-8033
Chicago, IL 60637                  e-mail: hia5 at midway.uchicago.edu