Transparent Language survey

Lisa Frumkes frumkes at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 16 22:07:13 UTC 1996

Last month I posted a message asking whether anyone uses Transparent
Language's CD-ROM for Russian.

I got only a handful of responses, and not very encouraging ones.  Andrew
Tomlinson (andrewt at umd5.umd.edu) reported that he ordered the CD-ROM back
in March 1995, and has yet to receive it, despite numerous phone calls to
the company.  Patricia Chaput (chaput at husc.harvard.edu) says they're not
using it there, so it must be another language at Harvard which is using
this company's product.  I got a couple of responses from people who were
interested in finding out more; I'm posting this summary for others who
were interested but remained silent.

Here is my summary:  this CD-ROM seems to be what is referred to in the
profession as "vaporware."

I'd still be interested to hear from others.

Lisa Frumkes
frumkes at u.washington.edu