Transparent Language survey

Andrew J. Tomlinson andrewt at umd5.umd.edu
Fri Feb 16 23:48:18 UTC 1996

Lisa Frumkes kindly undertook a survey about the "Transparent Language"
Russian software. I responded as she reported to the list:
> Last month I posted a message asking whether anyone uses Transparent
> Language's CD-ROM for Russian.
>
> I got only a handful of responses, and not very encouraging ones.
> Andrew Tomlinson (andrewt at umd5.umd.edu) reported that he ordered the
> CD-ROM back in March 1995, and has yet to receive it, despite
> numerous phone calls to the company.

I received the software, finally, after more calls. This was about ten
days ago, and I haven't had time to examine it yet. I neglected to
tell Ms. Frumkes that it had arrived since my original message to her.
Yesterday I received from the company a self-advertising plastic mouse pad
as an  apology for their problems and delays in product development and
shipping. The 10-month delay hardly inspires
confidence, but apparently the product is shipping and the company
appreciates at least the spirit of remorse.