latest apologies for personal posting

Kjetil Raa Hauge K.R.Hauge at easteur-orient.uio.no
Tue Feb 20 20:47:09 UTC 1996

>|Heh, heh. The SEELANGS demon strikes again. Does anyone feel the need for
>|a moderated list? Someday someone is gonna say something they're really
>|gonna regret.

>|Ernest Scatton                                       Germanic & Slavic Hum254

>A simplier solution is to set the reply address to the reply address of the
>poster and not the reply address of the mailing list as a whole.  I would
>prefer that it were set that way.

>Randolph J. Herber, herber at dcdrjh.fnal.gov, +1 708 840 2966, CD/HQ CDF-PK-149O

What makes you believe that with a setup like that, the people who now post
personal replies to the list would not be sending off their intended list
postings as personal mail only? The informational value of the list, as
well as its entertainment value, would be greatly diminished.

-- Kjetil Raa Hauge, U. of Oslo. Phone +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140