Help with dating Belinskii's essay on _Hero of our time_

Loren A. Billings billings at mailer.fsu.edu
Sun Feb 25 04:59:22 UTC 1996

Dear colleagues:

Could anyone be able to provide the date when Belinskii originally wrote
the following essay?

            AUTHOR: Belinskii, Vissarion Grigor'evich, 1811-1848.
             TITLE: Geroi nashego vremeni : sochinenie M. Lermontova / V.G.
                    Belinskii ; posleslovie i primechaniia O.S. Smirnovoi.
         PUBLISHED: Moskva : Gos. izd. khudozhestvennoi lit-ry, 1958.
  PHYSICAL DETAILS: 108 p. ; 20 cm.

NB:  I am not asking when Lermontov's novel was penned!  Even an
approximate date (1830s?) would be greatly appreciated.

Kindly respond to me directly (billings at mailer.fsu.edu).  --Loren Billings