help with surveys

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 26 16:12:06 UTC 1996

Dear SEELANGers:

Students in my 3rd year conversation class are writing surveys (in Russian)
on one of the following topics:

health & diet
environment/ecology
sports & exercise

I am looking for instructors whose students of Russian would be willing to
complete the surveys.  The surveys are in Russian, but are glossed so that
students in 2nd or 3rd semester should be able to understand them.  The
questions require ONLY yes/no responses or responses on a scale of 1-5
(strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree).  There are
no more than 15 such questions in each survey, so it shouldn't take more
than 10 minutes or so of class time.

If you would be interested in having your students participate in the
survey, please let me know and I will facilitate transmission of the survey
(either in the form of an attachment by e-mail or by fax) and make
arrangements for you to send responses back to the survey author.  The
survey authors will write a short report in Russian summarizing the
findings of the survey and would be happy to share their results with you
and your students.

We'll be doing one more survey later in the semester, too, and your
students are invited to participate in that survey, as well.

Ben Rifkin
brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu

Benjamin Rifkin
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive, Madison, WI  53706
(608) 262-1623; fax (608) 265-2814
e-mail:  brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu