Bar code in Russian?

Randolph J. Herber herber at dcdrjh.fnal.gov
Wed Feb 28 22:40:10 UTC 1996

The following header lines retained to affect attribution:
|Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 13:28:51 -0500 (EST)
|From: "David W. Mayberry" <mayberry at ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu>
|Subject: Bar code in Russian?

Having just been chastized by Mr. Rudd for supplying what he felt
was excessive context, I trimmed the context to a minimum:

|... native speakers of Russian ... certain ... how the following terms
| are expressed in Russia[n]:

I am not and make no claim to be a native speaker of the Russian language.
But the definitions I supply come from Bol`shoj Anglo-russkij
Politekhnicheskij Slovar`, Russkij Yazyk, 1991, ISBN 5-200-01167-7.
Sorry, I do not have the LoC cataloging data (for which I have been
chastized for not supplying in  previous postings).

|1) Bar code.

        A-L pg. 220 shtrikhovoj kod

|2) Automatic identification.

        As a parallel to the requested translation:
        automatic [freight] car identification:

        A-L pg. 583 avtomaticheskoe opoznavanie vagonov

        parts identification

        A-L pg. 583 opoznavanie detalej

|3) Data communications.

        A-L pg. 232 peredacha dannykh

|4) [No answer available ==> question deleted]

|Spasibo zaranee za vashu pomoshch'!

Pozhalujsta

Randolph J. Herber, herber at dcdrjh.fnal.gov, +1 708 840 2966, CD/HQ CDF-PK-149O
(Speaking for myself and not for US, US DOE, FNAL nor URA.)
(Product, trade, or service marks herein belong to their respective owners.)
N 41 50 26.3 W 88 14 54.4 approximately.