Slavic Web Sites

Roman Koropeckyj koropeck at humnet.ucla.edu
Tue Jan 16 17:07:26 UTC 1996

>On Tuesday, January 16, 1996 1:06 AM, Olga T.
>Yokoyama[SMTP:OLGA at humnet.ucla.edu] wrote:
>>I have not been able to reach
>>
>> http://www.cs.ut.ee/~roman_l/rusweb.html
>>
>>thru my Netscape.

To which Henryk Baran replied:

>The site is certainly reachable; I have now done it again using Microsoft's
>Internet Explorer. The issue is not, I submit, the Web browser used, but
>the situation at the other end. This last instance it took a very long time
>for the page to be opened, nearly timing out in the process.

To which I reply: having the same server as O. Yokoyama (UCLA Humnet) and
using my Netscape from home on a 14.4 modem, I had no problem accessing the
said Slavic web site (at about 6:00 PM PT), but I experienced the same
protracted delay as H. Baran. His diagnosis of the problem seems to be
correct.

Roman Koropeckyj