Panel on Ekaterina II for MLA

Lurana OMalley omalley at hawaii.edu
Thu Jan 25 23:40:22 UTC 1996

The following is a call for papers for a planned special session at next
year's MLA convention (27-30 Dec. 1996 in DC).  The call will also appear in
the Spring 1996 MLA newsletter.

"I Consider All of My Writings to be Trifles": Catherine the Great as Writer

For bicentennial of Catherine II's death.  Catherine as writer,
particularly as playwright: anonymity, gender roles, representation of
Russian and non-Russian, political culture. 1-page abstracts by 15 March;
Lurana D. O'Malley (omalley at hawaii.edu) or Ruth Dawson (dawson at hawaii.edu)

Please remember that you must be a member of MLA in order to participate
in a panel.

I hope to hear from you.

Lurana Donnels O'Malley
Assistant Professor