Moldavians in Russian class

Carmine Colacino USB-PZ COLACINO at pzvx85.cisit.unibas.it
Sun Jan 28 17:26:02 UTC 1996

I was surprised to hear that , according to Genevra Gerhart, US Universities
do not screen for proficiency in English. I was myself a foreign student
in the US, and I had to take a test in my own country (e a Test of English I
 mean)
called TOEFL, and when I arrived at the US University they tested me (ans   d
 all
the other non-native speakers of English) again. Who did not pass had to take
an English class g for a semester.
Moreover, why not just test the students in Russian and not admit them is   f
their proficiency is already at the level of the class they want to enrol, or
why not enrol them in more advanced class?
Sorry for my naive propositions, as i am not a teacher of languages :)

Carmine Colacino
Dept. of Biology
Univ. of Basilicata
Potenza, Italy