Language bloopers!!! (fwd)

Jouko Lindstedt jslindst at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri May 3 05:29:01 UTC 1996

On Thu, 2 May 1996, Devin P Browne wrote:

> I hope by now it's clear that the language bloopers were purely posted
> for the fun of all.  It goes both ways, too.  I've roared at mistakes
> I've seen made in Russian and French.  This is not a message, however, to
> "blast" Juoko for not having a sense of humor.  Obviously it was just
> taken the wrong way.  Hope it's all cleared up now, and, of course, no
> hard feelings, Juoko?  :-)

No hard feelings! I enjoy those bloopers as much as anybody, I only
wanted to also show the other side of the coin. As for other bloopers,
the Finnish word "juoko" means "does (s)he drink?"; my first name is
"Jouko"...

In a good humour:

Jouko Lindstedt
Department of Slavonic Languages, University of Helsinki
e-mail: Jouko.Lindstedt at Helsinki.Fi or jslindst at cc.helsinki.fi
http://www.helsinki.fi/~jslindst/