what to do about plagiarism by emigres

Genevra Gerhart ggerhart at wolfenet.com
Sat May 4 15:21:30 UTC 1996

I have a hard time with the "I'm not angry with you...rewrite again"
business. And "Where you grew up, people do it all the time, so I won't
blame you for it."  Nuts.
1. Presumably you have two standards, one for the natives and another
for the "born elsewhere"?
2. There is a solution: You go over the meaning and implications of the
word "Plagiarism" for everyone on the first day. And then if they don't
figure out that your words have meaning, then give them a meaning with
an F. Clarity helps everyone.
Regards,
Genevra
--
Genevra Gerhart                         http://www.wolfe.net/~ggerhart/

2134 E. Interlaken  Bl.                 Tel. 206/329-0053
Seattle, WA  98112                      ggerhart at wolfenet.com