SCANNING RUSSIAN TEXTS

Alexander Boguslawski Alexander.Boguslawski at Rollins.Edu
Wed May 15 14:08:16 UTC 1996

Dear SEELANGERS,

My question is for all the technologically advanced and inclined.  I would like
to scan Russian texts (books) and later edit and manipulate them with my word
processor (Word Perfect or Ami Pro).  What do I need to be able to scan the
texts in, and perform extensive word searches?  Is it possible at all?  Please
advise about the needed software, hardware, etc., taking under consideration
that you are responding to someone who does know how to use the computer (Win-
dows) but needs rather detailed explanations in matters like this one.  If you
find the topic challenging and worthy of posting to the list, respond thither.
If not, respond to ABOGUSLAWSKI at ROLLINS.EDU.  Your help will be greatly appre-
ciated.

Alexander Boguslawski, Professor of Russian
Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida 32789
Tel. 407-646-2380