Slavic Phrasebooks?

Michael Burianyk buri at phys.ualberta.ca
Tue Oct 15 19:29:00 UTC 1996

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, John J. Ronald wrote:

> I own a pharsebook entitled _Just Enough Scandinavian_, which
> has standard phrases for Danish, Norwegian and Swedish all
> under one cover.  I was wondering if there is a similar type
> of phrasebook with several slavic languages together (Polish,
> Czech & Slovak, for example) available for not too much money?

The closest I've ever seen is a (Berlitz?) European Phrase Book.
It covers, besides French, German, etc., Polish,Czech (and
Slovak?),Russian,Serbo-Croation. For sure no Ukrainian or
Belorus'ian. The copy I have is several years old (13 at least)
and I can't say I've seen it around much since then. But I
imagine it (or something similar) is still available. Cost?
Whatever the going rate is for Berlitz style pocket phrase
books.

--
Michael Burianyk               Office: P534B Avahd-Bhatia Physics Lab
Seismology Laboratory          Phone : (403) 492 4128
Edmonton, CANADA T6G 2J1       e-mail: buri at phys.ualberta.ca