Slavic Phrasebooks?

Mohandas K Vemulapalli mohandas at U.Arizona.EDU
Tue Oct 15 20:45:19 UTC 1996

On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Michael Burianyk wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, John J. Ronald wrote:
>
> > I own a pharsebook entitled _Just Enough Scandinavian_, which
> > has standard phrases for Danish, Norwegian and Swedish all
> > under one cover.  I was wondering if there is a similar type
> > of phrasebook with several slavic languages together (Polish,
> > Czech & Slovak, for example) available for not too much money?

There are several such books put out Lonely Planet publishers. There
phrasebooks concentrate on geographical area and not linguistic grouping.
Thus some languages may befound in several phrasebooks  but Bulgarian and
Macedonian are not in the same volume.  As far as I can remember the
books arepriced between 6 and 9 US$. I have  found them useful, but
quality varies by language and the selection of vocabulary items is
limited. I have seen many of these books at stores such as Barnes and
Noble and Borders so they are available. If you need further clarification
please mailme and I will checkmy library for exact titles and author
names.

Mohan Vemulapalli
Mohandas at research.u.arizona.edu