Hungarian film entitled "Mr. Universe"

Martha Pereszlenyi-Pinter MPERESZLENYI at JCVAXA.jcu.edu
Tue Apr 8 20:46:51 UTC 1997

Dear Colleagues,

Would anyone know if there is a video version available of a Hungarian film,
"Mr. Universe"?  It is partly about the life of Mickey Hargittay, the Hungarian
bodybuilder who married Jayne Mansfield.  The film also stars their now grown
up daughter, actress Mariska Hargittay.  The film itself is fairly recent, I
believe 1988.  Also, I believe it was made in Hungarian by the director Gyorgy
(George)  Szomjas, and at least partly filmed in the USA.  It may be kind of a
"road" movie.  I had in the past located a N.Y.City distributor who had a 35 mm
reel-to-reel version but was only renting for between $100- 200.  I would
really like to have it on video, preferably USA format (VHS, not PAL).  Can
anyone help?  Thank you,

Martha Pereszlenyi-Pinter
John Carroll University (Ohio)