Anna Karenina

Patricia A. Burak (OIS) paburak at summon.syr.edu
Tue Apr 8 21:48:29 UTC 1997

Dear Tolstoy Aficionados:
As you may or may not know, TWO new film versions (English language) of
ANNA KARENINA have been produced! One, by Warner Brothers, opened
April 4, "Exclusive Engagement" in two theaters in NYC. The other
hasn't yet been released.

There is a website for Warner Bros. film: www.wbmovies.com/ANNA. It
looks very intriguing.

I teach Tolstoy, and my students "endure" a four version Anna
Karenina movie marathon every year (Greta Garbo version, Vivien
Leigh, Jacqueline Bisset/Christopher Reeve, and the most recent
Russian version - by far the best!). They are now absolutely psyched
to see this version.

Has anyone seen it yet?????  If you do, please please give me some
reviews of it! Your own personal bias is perfectly acceptable!

Thanks in advance.

Patricia A. Burak, D.A.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Department of Foreign Languages, Literatures and Linguistics
Syracuse University