MacOS 8 + Cyrillic Language Kit

Jerry Ervin 76703.2063 at compuserve.com
Fri Aug 1 11:42:56 UTC 1997

SEELANGStzy,

Thanks tp Zenon for posting his note.  It offers me the occasion to post this
inquiry to the list:

I'm still using sys 7.5.3.  I'm about to abandon the Cyrillic Language Kit
(CLK), however, in favor of another product unless there's a way to make CLK
recognize words in Cyrillic.  That is, when one double-clicks on a word in
English, that word is selected.  But when I try that in Cyrillic with the CLK,
only a portion of the Cyrillic word is selected.  The only way I've found to
select a whole Cyrillic word is to drag across it.  This messes up other basic
word-processing features:  word counts, alphabetization of word lists and
installation of spell checkers are all impossible.

Has anyone ever found (and/or does OS8 offer) a way around that?

Regards,

--Jerry