MacOS 8 + Cyrillic Language Kit

Kjetil Ra Hauge K.R.Hauge at easteur-orient.uio.no
Fri Aug 1 21:31:19 UTC 1997

Jerry Ervin <76703.2063 at compuserve.com> wrote:
>I'm still using sys 7.5.3.  I'm about to abandon the Cyrillic Language Kit
>(CLK), however, in favor of another product unless there's a way to make CLK
>recognize words in Cyrillic.  That is, when one double-clicks on a word in
>English, that word is selected.  But when I try that in Cyrillic with the CLK,
>only a portion of the Cyrillic word is selected.  The only way I've found to
>select a whole Cyrillic word is to drag across it.  This messes up other basic
>word-processing features:  word counts, alphabetization of word lists and
>installation of spell checkers are all impossible.

What you describe is a lack of WorldScript-awareness on behalf of the
application you are using, not a fault of CLK or the system. The only
application I have that recognizes Cyrillic words when double-clicked, is
HyperCard.

-- Kjetil Raa Hauge, U. of Oslo. Phone +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
-- (this msg sent from home, phone +47/67148424)