Cyrilidos-KOI8 converter

Max Pyziur pyz at panix.com
Wed Aug 6 15:46:53 UTC 1997

At 11:16 AM 8/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>Does anyone out there know where I could get my hands on a small utility
>program to convert documents written in the CyriliDOS font to KOI-8
>encoding?  I know that such a thing exists, because someone in my building
>had it, but it got thrown away by accident.

Thrown away, hunh?
;-)

Ok, such a beast exists for text files and you can find it at BRAMA.
Please look at http://www.brama.com/compute/windows.html

There you'll see "Cyrillic coding conversion program for text files".

The file is "convert.zip"; it comes with conversion routines to and from
most Cyrillic codings (CP1251->CP866, CP866->CP1251, etc.), along with
offering the capablity to transliterate Ukrainian text documents from these
same Cyrillic codings.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Please reply OFF-LIST to the address given above or to ctroy at sorosny.org
>
>Clark Troy