Help With Curriculum Discussion (x-post)

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:17:58 UTC 1997

This came over the Women's Studies List; perhaps some Slavists with access
to the web will also find it of interest.

        Sibelan Forrester
        Modern L & L
        Swarthmore College

***********
I would very much appreciate your help and hope that you can give
this project a few minutes of time this summer before classes begin.

The Association of American Colleges and Universities, the Ford
Foundation, and the University of Maryland have established a web
site for discussion, innovation, and problem solving around issues
of teaching about multiculturalism and diversity in higher education,
broadly defined to include issues of race, gender, ethnicity, social
class, and religious sectarianism.

I've been asked to serve as the moderator for this new web site.
And so I'm seeking feedback on the procedures and an indication of
the sorts of topics, questions, and issues that people would like to
discuss.  Would you please take a look at this web site and let me
know what you think?  The best way would be to leave a message
at the web site that would serve to start a discussion that others
might then join.

The address of this web site--the Curriculum Transformation Work
Room--is:

http://www.umd.edu/HyperNews/get/forums/CT.html

(Note the CAPS on HyperNews and CT.)

You can access the web site easily with Netscape or other
browsers.  When you get to the web site, you will be able to read all
of the messages.  If you would like to post a message or reply to a
message, you must first become a member (register).  There are
links (buttons) that lead to instructions for doing this.

Thank you for your help.  I'll be looking forward to your message
on the web site.  If you have difficulty accessing the site, let me
know at meacham at acsu.buffalo.edu.

Jack

Jack Meacham, Department of Psychology, 323 Park Hall,
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY  14260-4110
tel 716-645-3650, extension 323; fax 716-645-3801
meacham at acsu.buffalo.edu; http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~meacham