About Slovenia

Wayles Browne ewb2 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 14 21:14:25 UTC 1997

> I'm writing this post since I have a question. Is there any book
> available in English on the history and language of Slovenia. As for
> Slovene (or Slovenian?), I only know _Colloquial Slovene_ published
> by Routledge (I don't now remember its author though I own it). I
> also want to know any works on Primoz Trubar.

History: Nationalities Papers Spring 1993, vol. XXI no. 1 (special
issue: Voices from the Slovene Nation, 1990-1992)

Language:
Rado L. Lencek, The Structure and History of the Slovene Language,
Slavica Publishers, Columbus 1982.

William W. Derbyshire, A Basic Reference Grammar of Slovene,
Slavica Publishers, Columbus 1993.

T.M.S.Priestly, "Slovene", in Bernard Comrie and Greville G. Corbett,
eds., The Slavonic Languages, Routledge, London 1993.

Best wishes,
Wayles Browne
Cornell University