paid (?) internship

John Kieselhorst jak209 at lulu.acns.nwu.edu
Fri Aug 22 15:43:48 UTC 1997

>>With no disrespect intended to the fine service Devin is providing....
>>6 (as in 'six') dollars an hour?... Graduate students are invited to apply?
>> (well shucks, they'll be gaining invaluable experience). Excuse my caustic
>>tone.
>>
>>In not-so-righteous-indignation,
>>
>>Paul Klanderud
>
>Well, most of them are free. Washington DC runs on free labour. Although
>afterwards the students have experience, contacts and a foot in the door.
>Students from different states come for a summer or a semester FREE
>internship.
>Alina Israeli

Calling attention to standard governmental policies regarding pay for
interns,  Alina Israeli wrote  "Well, most of them are free. Washington DC
runs on free labour."  Interesting how US government and American
universities, so frequently at loggerheads, find common ground in this
respect.

John K. (looking elsewhere)

John Kieselhorst
Center for the Writing Arts