paid (?) internship

Devin P Browne dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu
Fri Aug 22 19:04:36 UTC 1997

Unfortunately, Alina is right about the fact that most of these
internships are NOT for pay.  [Can you say exploitation of workers??]
However, for those who can afford it, the internships *do* offer real
world experience and look great on a resume.  For those of us who had to
work to eat in college, $6/hour probably would have been equivalent to
what I was making working my joke of a job in Pitt's library way back
when.  [Altho bartending and waiting tables were MUCH more profitable, but
that's another story....]

Devin

Devin P Browne
dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu