faculty position: correction

Carol J Avins cavins at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Thu Dec 4 21:58:43 UTC 1997

Please note: This announcement was posted a few days ago with a deadline of
March 1.  The correct deadline is February 15.

Northwestern University's Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures has
been authorized to search for an Associate or Assistant Professor with
proven excellence in research and teaching in the areas of Russian
literature (any period) and a secondary field such as another Slavic
literature, visual arts, music, intellectual history, comparative
literature, philosophy or religion.   We will be looking for broad
interests, imagination, energy, and promise of future growth.  The
successful applicant will add breadth and depth to undergraduate and
graduate instruction, both in the Slavic department and in Comparative
Literary Studies and/or other humanities programs.
>       We encourage applications from women and minority candidates.  Send full
dossier to:  Andrew Wachtel, Chair, Department of Slavic Languages and
Literatures, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208-2206.   For more
information e-mail:  a-wachtel at nwu.edu    DUE DATE:  February 15, 1998. AA/EOE.