Attachments on SEELANGS (was re: Sher Aspect Paper)

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Fri May 16 00:23:53 UTC 1997

Dear Prof. Borenstein and Seelangers:

Prof. Borenstein is right. I announced my offer to send a free copy of my
essay to anyone who requested it. I have received so far nearly seventy
(70) requests. In each case I sent my essay privately, off-line by email.
Unfortunately, I made the technical mistake of replying (i.e. sending the
essay by replying) to the Seelangs list instead of individually in two or
three cases, where the requests were sent to me NOT to my address but to
Seelangs. My deep apologies for this. When I figured out the problem, I was
myself horrified. I think I have corrected the problem. I very much hope so.

Thank you for your understanding and patience and support.

Benjamin

At 01:10 PM 5/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Perhaps a better rule of thumb would be not to send any attachments over
>SEELANGS.  Attachments on a listserv are genearlly a nuisance; if they are
>big, they take time to download, and some email programs (and email users)
>don't handle them very well.  Personally, I don't like having my desktop
>(or attachment folders) cluttered up with things I didn't ask for.
>
>Although if I recall correctly, Mr. Sher didn't intend to send out the
>attachment to everybody.
>
>                                        Eliot Borenstein

Benjamin Sher
Russian Literary Translator
(SOVIET POLITICS AND REPRESSION IN THE 1930'S
Yale University Press, forthcoming 1997)
sher07 at bellsouth.net