lists purpose

Marcelo A. T. Silva El_Mancha at ibm.net
Thu May 29 03:30:44 UTC 1997

I would like to express my support Mr. Adassovsky opinion. In my
(humble) opinion the seelangs list is the right place where we can
exchange our ideas on theoretical and/or practical problems about
literature and/or linguistics of slavic languages (including the Russian
verbal aspect problem).

This list shouldn't become only a burocratic means of announcing
conferences and/or jobs.

* Marcelo A. T. Silva     *
*
* Linguistics &           *           Inaction is certain,
*
* Translation             *   and that is all it has to recommend it.
*
* El_Mancha at IBM.net       *           Action is uncertain,
*
* Linguistics Dept.       *    and therein lies its fascination.
*
* University of Sao Paulo *
*
* Brazil                  *