sources for Vera Figner

Cynthia Ramsey CCRzoya at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 04:34:29 UTC 1997

I used a good background text on Russian women anarchists in a history
seminar I took at Haverford College from Linda Gerstein on women in 19th &
20th-c. Russia.  It's called "Five Sisters: Women Against the Tsar: The
Memoirs of Five Young Anarchist Women of the 1870's", by Barbara Alpern Engel
and Clifford N. Rosenthal (Boston: Allen & Unwin, 1975).  It's a very good
introductory work, with a 60-page chapter dedicated to Figner.  Its
bibliography also lists a work by Figner herself entitled "Memoirs of a
Revolutionist" (New York: International Publishers, 1927).

Sorry, I deleted the message before I stopped to think about sources, so if
whoever posted can forward it on to her own student, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Cindy Ramsey