Editing in html

Bjoern Wiemer Bjoern.Wiemer at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Nov 25 09:39:54 UTC 1997

Dear colleagues,

does anybody know about (or has experience with) writing html-homepages with
different code pages? We are trying to instal a text for our chair in
Constance in German and English, using also diacritics for Polish, Czech and
Lithuanian. A separate Russian version is planned, too.
        Unfortunately, all these beautiful letters are not available by just
one code, and we would be eager to learn whether there are any possibilities
to write texts in html with mixing characters from the following codes
                ISO 8859-1 (Western European)
                ISO 8859-2 (Eastern European)
                ISO 8859-4 (Baltic)
                ISO 8859-5 (Cyrillic).

We want to know whether there are appropriate EDITORS to do this job. We
need to WRITE and to PUBLISH (i.e. SAVE) them on the web.
        Useful hints and comments will be highly appreciated.

Bjoern Wiemer.

Bjoern Wiemer
Universitaet Konstanz
Philosophische Fakultaet / FG Sprachwissenschaft - Slavistik
Postfach 55 60 - D 179
D- 78457 Konstanz

e-mail: Bjoern.Wiemer at uni-konstanz.de
tel.: 07531 / 88- 2582