Lukashenka stages New attacks on our language!

KatkouskiV KatkouskiV at praguemail.rferl.org
Tue Aug 4 18:34:27 UTC 1998

>Germany just underwent a spelling change and the High Court just upheld it
<<snip>>
>Post-war Japan saw a major spelling change and a substantial
>discouragement of ideographic symbols

The thing here is that German language will not become less German
because of the reform, the Japanese did not become less Japanese
as well. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Belarusan. The
reforms and the policies of the regime put it under the threat of
being swallowed by the "Velikiy i Moguchiy." It is my strong belief
that we must protest against policies of such ilk.

 Uladzimir Katkouski
       e-mail: KatkouskiV at praguemail.rferl.org
h-page: http://www.aubg.bg/cj/~vlk960/
h-page: http://members.xoom.com/ulad/