where stressed: Dyadkova

Junichi Miyazawa walkingtune at bigfoot.com
Thu Aug 6 18:26:47 UTC 1998

Does anyone tell me which syllable is stressed of the following name:

Dyadkova:  D_ya_dkova  or  Dyadk_o_va

It is from the transliterated name of a Russian singer Larissa Dyadkova.

No entry in Morton Benson's *Dictionary of Russian Personal Names*
nor K. Narumi's *Slovnik russkikh imen i familij*.

A further question:

Is the "d" sound attached with myakhkij znak (')?
Phonetically, is the person's name to be transliterated as
"Dyad'kova" rather than "Dyadkova"?  Or both exist?

(I have to transcribe the name into Japanese according
to the pronunciation: it is a rule.)

Please give me answers *off* list.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,