internet radio

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 10 18:05:57 UTC 1998

Dear Colleagues:

I am trying to track down sources of radio broadcasts by internet for Slavic
and East European cultures OTHER THAN RUSSIAN.  I am familiar with the
variety of sources for Russian, but am looking for sources for other cultures.

The Center for Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia at the University of
Wisconsin-Madison has a web site for links to many audio sources for these
cultures.  The URL for that page is:

http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/creeca/pages/goradio.html

The audio sources on that page are as follows and I would appreciate it very
much if you would inform me off-list if you know of any other sources:

Albanian:  Voice of Russia Albanian-language broadasts

Bosnian:  Domovina Net Radio

Bulgarian:  International Radio, Voice of Russian Bulgarian-language broadcasts

Croatian:  Radio 101, Radio Rijeka, RTV

Czech:  Radio Prague, Central Europe Report, KISS Hady, Stefanikova, Live
Top 40, Voice of America Czech-language broadcasts, Voice of Russia
Czech-language broadcasts

Hungarian:  DUNO, Hallgassa, Kossuth, Radio Budapest, Radio Eger, Petofi
Radio, Voice of America Hungarian-language broadcasts

Lithuanian:  Radio Vilnius

Polish:  International Radio Polskie radio, Polskie radio in the US, Polish
radio online, Polskie Radio SA, Jedynka, Trojka, Radio Akademickie Krakow,
Radio Jowisz, Jelenia Gora, Radio Rak, Voice of America Polish-language
broadcasts

Romanian:  Kappa TV, Radio Horion, Radio Romania, Radio Sud

Serbian:  Oppennet, B92, RTV, Trezor, Voice of America Serbian-language
broadcasting

Slovak:  Radio Twist, US Slovak, Voice of America Slovak-language broadcasting

Slovenian:  TV Slovenia

Ukrainian:  Voice of America Ukrainian-language broadcasting, Voice of
Canada Ukrainian-language broadcasting

Thanks to all for your help.

Ben Rifkin

////////////////////////////////////////

Benjamin Rifkin

Associate Professor of Slavic Languages
Coordinator of Russian-Language Instruction

Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706  USA

voice:  608/262-1623