internet radio

J. White jfwhite at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 11 05:25:52 UTC 1998

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Benjamin Rifkin wrote:

> Dear Colleagues:
>
> I am trying to track down sources of radio broadcasts by internet for Slavic
> and East European cultures OTHER THAN RUSSIAN.  I am familiar with the

Jake replies:

Here are a few more links I've found interesting:

CROATIAN:  HRT RealAudio Page http://www.hrt.hr/streams/streams_hrv.html
contains direct links to HRT1, HRT2, HRT3 radio, Radio Osijek, Radio
Rijeka, Radio Sljeme, and the HRT TV feed

ESTONIAN: The Eesti Raadio page (http://www.er.ee/) contains direct
Realaudio links to Vikerraadio, Raadio 2, Klassikraadio, Raadio 4, and
Eesti Raadio
Raadio KUKU is at: http://www.online.ee/realaudio/kuku.ram (Hard to
connect sometimes)

CZECH: Cesky Rozhlas (in mono and stereo) at:
http://radiozurnal.rozhlas.cz/zive_radiozurnal.htm

Rozhlas 2 (Prague) at: http://praha.rozhlas.cz/zive_praha.htm

Rozhlas 3 (Vltava) at: http://vltava.rozhlas.cz/zive_vltava.htm

(Above are 3 different stations, stereo and mono and 20 Kbps with good
sound)

Evropa 2 at: http://www.evropa2.cz/live.htm

Finally, there's a very cool Czech Country Music Station, "Eldoradio"  at:
http://live.eldoradio.cz/ (It has both 28.8 K and 56K feeds -- the 56K
feed is amazing sound if you have a fast connection)