EDITING POSITIONS IN MOSCOW

Tim Ross ledept at maik.rssi.ru
Wed Aug 12 08:28:43 UTC 1998

   INTERNSHIP IN MOSCOW:

Edit English-language journals of the
Russian Academy of Sciences

Learn about publishing and editing

Work in Russia

MAIK "Nauka" is a Russian-American company that translates and publishes
over eighty journals of the Russian Academy of Sciences in both Russian and
English. We are seeking qualified individuals who would like to work in
Moscow as Language Editors.  Applicants should be native speakers of
English with a minimum of two years college-level Russian-language study
(or the equivalent). Editing experience and/or a background in the sciences
will strengthen your application.

You will receive:

*       Work permit and visa support
*       Monthly hard currency salary + semi-annual bonus
*       Round-trip plane ticket (reimbursement after one year)
  Help in obtaining safe, affordable housing

The internship is a year-long commitment. We do most of our hiring for the
August - August production year, but will need at least one person to begin
in October and two to start in January.  If you would like further
information, or to request an application, please contact Tim Ross,
Director of Editorial Services, MAIK "Nauka" at:

ledept at maik.rssi.ru.

Tim Ross
Director of Editorial Services
MAIK Nauka