Russian intonation patterns

David Kaiser kaiserdwjr at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 16:35:52 UTC 1998

>Does anyone out there know of any computer program that deals
specifically
>with Russian intonation patterns (whether or not they're defined
according to
>the traditional "IK" system), and that gives students practicing in
listening
>to and reproducing those patterns?
>
>Thanks,
>Rebecca
>

>Rebecca Epstein Matveyev
>Russian Department
>Lawrence University
>Appleton, WI 54912

The University of Arizona was working on a stress & intonation program
when I was there, I'm not sure how fully developed it is now, but the
demos I saw were very promising. Dr George Gutsche or Phil (a PhD
candidate, I forgot his last name) could tell you about it.

DK

David Kaiser
Please reply to david_kaiser at bigfoot.com

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink
beer all day....