AATSEEL '98 Registration, etc.

Jerry Ervin Jerry_Ervin at compuserve.com
Mon Aug 17 17:47:48 UTC 1998

AATSEEL '98 REGISTRATION BLANK with TRANSPORTATION AND HOUSING INFORMATION

CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
Preregistration by November 1 is essential for presenters (panel chairs,
panelists) who wish to have their names appear in the printed conference
program.  For others, preregistration must be received by 1 December.  A
$10 handling fee is assessed for canceled registrations.  Registration fees
are as follows:
                        MEMBER 1998     NONMEMBER 1998
  STUDENTS                  $25              $30
  OTHERS
   Preregistration          $60              $75
   On-site registration     $75              $90

HOUSING:  Renaissance Parc 55 Hotel, 55 Cyril Magnin Street (Market at
Fifth) San Francisco, CA 94102; (1-800-468-3571 or 415/392-8000).
     Room rates - $89 single/double.  Suites and upgrades available at
extra charge.  (Rates will be honored a few days before and a few days
after the conference should you wish to take a few extra days for
sightseeing.)

TRANSPORTATION:  Special AATSEEL fares are available through American
Airlines.  Call 1-800-433-1790 and cite Star File #67D8UE.

PLANNING  TO DROP IN ON MLA?  AATSEEL members who have registered for the
AATSEEL convention may register on site for the MLA convention by paying
$50.  Student members of AATSEEL who have registered for the AATSEEL
convention may register for the MLA convention by paying $30.  AATSEEL
members may take advantage of these rates by presenting proof of their
registration at the AATSEEL convention.  We  thank MLA for extending this
professional courtesy.  Also, many thanks to Slavica Publishers for their
assistance in preparing this preliminary program.

Michael Katz, Middlebury College
President, AATSEEL

David Birnbaum, University of Pittsburgh
AATSEEL '98 Program Chair

AATSEEL '98 ADVANCE REGISTRATION FORM.  THIS FORM MAY BE PHOTOCOPIED.

Complete this coupon and return it with your check (payable to AATSEEL in
US dollars) before 1 December (1 November for program participants) to:
AATSEEL, c/o G. Ervin, 1933 N. Fountain Park Dr., Tucson, AZ 85715-5538.
If you wish a receipt in addition to your canceled check, please enclose a
self-addressed stamped envelope.  (Sorry, we are not able to accept credit
card payments.)  Retain the information about the program, transportation,
housing, etc.  A $10 handling fee is assessed for canceled registrations.

(Please PRINT all information.)

First name _____________________  MI (if used) __________

Last name  _________________________

Mailing address:

Phone/fax/email (in case we have questions about your registration):

Affiliation as you wish it listed on your conference badge:

Please check the number preceding your name on this or any recent AATSEEL
mailing label.  If the number begins with 1998 or higher, your AATSEEL
membership is current.
[___]  I am a current member of AATSEEL.
[___]  I am unsure of my membership status.  (Please contact us before
completing this form.)
[___]  I wish to pay my 1998 and/or 1999 AATSEEL dues with this conference
registration.

If paying membership, select your membership category:
[___]  Sustaining Members (SUS) - $55
[___]  Joint Members (2 members; 1 set of publications, 1 address) (JOI) -
$45
[___]  Administrators, Full & Associate Professors (AFA) - $40
[___]  Non-Academic Members (NAM) - $40
[___]  Assistant Professors, Instructors and Lecturers (AIL) - $30
[___]  Secondary School Teachers (SST) - $25
[___]  Emeritus (EME) - $20
[___]  Students & Unemployed (S&U) - $20
[___]  Affiliate (Newsletter only) (NLO) - $20

Preregistration and/or dues payment calculation (circle applicable amount
and fill in below):

                           MEMBER 1998       NONMEMBER 1998
  STUDENTS                    $25                 $30
  OTHERS                      $60                 $75

Preregistration amount:                            ______________

1998 membership amount (if enclosed)               ______________

1999 membership amount (if enclosed)               ______________

TOTAL AMOUNT ENCLOSED                              ______________

Check # ___________, date __________, amount $_____________

Preregistration deadline:  1 December (1 November for program
participants).

Please address all registration questions, and mail preregistration form
and check, to:

Gerard L. Ervin
Executive Director, AATSEEL
1933 N. Fountain Park Dr.