tear-jerker

R_L roman at admin.ut.ee
Wed Feb 11 18:24:28 UTC 1998

At 08:06 PM 2/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
-----------------------
>Sender:       "SEELangs: Slavic & E. European Languages & literatures list"
>              <SEELANGS at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
>Poster:       Richard Sylvester <RSYLVESTER at CENTER.COLGATE.EDU>
>Subject:      tear-jerker
----

>The word is obviously a witty play on "sokovyzhimalka",
>a juice-squeezer. I wrote Bruce about this earlier,
>but it surprises me that native Russians don't catch it,
>even if they've never heard it.
Obviously so. I've forgot to write about it.
To Jurij Lotoshko - unlike "slezovyzhimalka", your example was more or less
common in slang (80th, I guess).

Roman Leibov                                                        *
                                                                    *
Vene kirjanduse kat., Ulikooli 18-a, Tartu Ulikool, Tartu, EE2400,  *
Estonia.                                                            *
Day phone: (3727)465353                                             *
                                                                    *
Home address:                                                       *
                                                                    *
Po^hja pst. 17-75. Tartu. EE2400. Estonia                           *
Phone: (3727)339478                                                 *