Employment Opportunity in Moscow

Guy Houk ledept at maik.rssi.ru
Mon Feb 23 14:49:14 UTC 1998

INTERNSHIP IN MOSCOW:

Edit English-language journals of the Russian Academy of Sciences

Learn about publishing and editing

Live and work in Russia

MAIK "Nauka" is a Russian-American company that publishes over eighty
journals of the Russian Academy of Sciences in both Russian and English. We
are seeking qualified individuals who would like to work in Moscow as
Language Editors.  Applicants should be native speakers of English with a
*minimum* of two years college-level Russian-language study (or the
equivalent). Editing experience and/or a background in the sciences will
strengthen your application.

You will receive:

*       Work permit and visa support
*       Monthly hard currency salary + semi-annual bonus
*       Round-trip plane ticket (reimbursement after one year)
*       Help in obtaining safe, affordable housing

The internship is a year-long commitment. We do most of our hiring for the
August - August production year, but will need at least one person to begin
in June.  If you would like further information, or to request an
application, please contact Guy Houk, Director of Editorial Services, MAIK
"Nauka" at:

ledept at maik.rssi.ru.