AATSEEL Intensive Language Programs Page

David J. Galloway djg11 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 27 23:22:44 UTC 1998

The AATSEEL Intensive Programs Page, which lists language study programs
for Slavic and East European Languages in the U.S. and abroad for both
summer and semester/year, has been recently revised and all listings
checked for accuracy.  The address is at the end of this message.

Submissions of links for the page are accepted at any time, and are posted
as received.  We particularly lack programs in the Baltic languages and
Albanian, while many of the Central Asian languages only have one program
listed.  If your institution or organization offers open instruction in any
of these languages, please contact me at the address below.

I urge programs to notify me when there is a change in your address (URL).
Since checks of every link do not occur very often, if an address is wrong
you may be losing a potential customer.  Often programs title their pages
"Summer98.html"; when the address is changed at your site, the link on the
page must also be updated.

Programs should be aware that the greatest period of activity for the page
is in late August and early September; try to have new information for
1998-1999 posted on your sites or me by early August to ensure that
prospective students and other interested parties see only your current
offerings, and not a year-old prospectus.

The hits on this page are measured in the thousands--we urge you to take
advantage of the free advertising  available by listing your program under
the appropriate language heading.

A final note--programs for this summer should already be linked--if your
program is not, please send me the URL as soon as possible.

David J. Galloway
Slavic Studies
236 Goldwin Smith Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
(607) 272-8350
Email:  djg11 at cornell.edu
Net:  http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/djg11

AATSEEL Intensive Language Programs page:
http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/intensive-programs/index.html
AATSEEL Endangered Programs page:
http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/endangered-programs/index.html