Another Russian computing query

Mike Berry BERRYMJ at css.bham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 2 08:57:49 UTC 1998

While we are on this topic, can I ask for advice or suggestions on
the following problem.
I use  the Wordperfect 5.1 Russian module as my preferred cyrillic
word processor and have Windows 3.1 on my machine. I may have to
upgrade to Windows 95 but although it is still possible to use the WP
5.1 Russian OK in Windows 95 I also have a large number of files in
AV (al'ternativnyi variant) format for which I have to change the code
page when I start up Wordperfect using wp/cp=899 (see p.143 of the
Language Module handbook).
Experiments suggest that it is not possible to do this
under Windows 95. Has anyone had experience of this problem?
Thanks for any help.
Mike Berry

Mike Berry
Centre for Russian and              Tel: 0121-414-6355
East European Studies,              Fax: 0121-414-3423
University of Birmingham,           email: m.j.berry.rus at bham.ac.uk
Birmingham B15 2TT, UK.

                   ***** Umom Rossiyu ne ponyat' *****