Russian Pedagogical Institutes vs Universities

Todd Foglesong fogelson at falcon.cc.ukans.edu
Tue Jun 2 09:33:21 UTC 1998

Here is interesting information on higher education in Russia for the
SEElangs readership.  I hope I'm not violating any rules about presumptious
postings to the list.

Under Presidential Decree No 483 dated April 30, 1998 "On the Structure
of Federal Executive Branch" there is no Ministry of Higher Education
any more, so all the institutes and academies, and Pskov State
Pedagogical Institute among them, operate under the aegis/authority of
the Ministry of General and Professional Education (Ministerstvo
obshchego i professional'nogo obrazovaniia) and not under the Ministry
of Higher Education.

Dr. Todd Foglesong
Assistant to the Director
Center for Russian and East European Studies
University of Kansas