Russian Pedagogical Institutes vs Universities

Wayles Browne ewb2 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 1 18:03:15 UTC 1998

. I'll be happy to answer any questions on
>Higher Education of Russia. I am also the author of the Dictionary of Higher
>Education Terms:

>so you can refer to this Dictionary also.

>Sincerely,
>Irena Ustinova

I found the dictionary at the Web address:
http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/gai/gai/Projects/Projects/Dictionary/Dictionary.htm
and am impressed by its coverage, yet mystified by the way it looks on
my computer screen: different parts of the dictionary appear in
different fonts, and sometimes the Cyrillic letters are in Cyrillic,
other times we get a string of English letters like
Ainoaa?noaaiiue yecaiai
                            (Gosudarstvenniy ekzamen)

What should I do to see all the Russian letters consistently?
Yours sincerely,

Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof., Department of Linguistics
Morrill Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.
tel. 1-607-255-0712, home 1-607-273-3009
fax 1-607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu