Russian Dictionary of Quotations

John Dunn J.Dunn at slavonic.arts.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jun 15 09:01:39 UTC 1998

>In my youth we had a pre-revolutionary dictionary "Krylatye slova i
>vyrazhenija" I believe by Mixel'son. I may be wrong about the name.
>Obviously I could not take it out of the country.
>
>Alina Israeli

Colleagues may be interested to know that the Mikhelson volume has (fairly)
recently been republished in a reprint edition.  Full details are:

M.I. Mikhelson,  Khodjachie i metkie slova: Sbornik russkikh i inostrannykh
tsitat, poslovits, pogovorok, poslovichnykh vyrazhenij i otdel'nykh slov
(inoskazanij).

Moscow, TERRA, 1994 (the original edition seems to have come out in 1890).

It is a very useful source for 18th and 19th century quotations etc.

John Dunn.

John Dunn
Department of Slavonic Languages
Hetherington Building