Russian Dictionary of Quotations

Valery Belyanin fortuna at glasnet.ru
Mon Jun 15 21:50:46 UTC 1998

Wayles Browne wrote:
>> Review Slovar' Sovremennykh Tsitat
>> 4,300 khodyachikh tsitat i vyrazhenii, ikh istochniki, avtory,
>> datirovka Konstantin Dushenko
> The new dictionary is very much to be welcomed, but Russianists were
> not totally helpless before.

"Being modest in achievements is being unknown", that is why I can add to
the list of dictionatries

Belyanin V., Boutenko I. Zhivya Rech: Slovar Razgovornyh Vyrazheniy. 1929
articles, 2558 units. (Living Speech) Moscow, 1994.-192 p.

This dictionary also contains a lot of quotations from Ilf and Petrov,
from some 12 popular films and some soviet verses, and also the remakes.
None of the expressions could be found before in any Soviet dictionary.
P.S. I still have some copies of it at home. You can also ask Slavica
publishers to order it from me.
Truly Yours, Valery Belyanin <vbelyanin at usa.net>