Russian spelling table?

Midnight never came ... douglas at speakeasy.org
Tue Jun 16 22:42:23 UTC 1998

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Kamneva, Natalia wrote:

> Russians usually use first names as phonetic aid for
> spelling ( such as "Andrey, Boris, Vladimir..."), but
> there is not a standardized system for that in Russian.

Military (according to my dev lead):
Aleksej Boris Vasilij Grigorij Dmitrij Elena Zhenja Zoja Ivan Ivan_Kratkij
Kilowatt Leonid Maria Nikolaj Olga Pavel Roman Sergej Tatjana Uljana
Fjodor Hariton Zaplja Chelovek Shura Schjuka Tvjordij_Znak Mjagkij_znak
Emilija Juri Jakov

Amateur Radio (from what I hear at night):
Anna Boris Vasilij Galina Dmitrij Jelena Yozh Zhuk Zinaida Ivan
Ivan-kratkij Konstantin Leonid Maria Nikolaj Olga Pavel Roman Sergej
Tamara Uljana Fjodor Hariton Tsentr Chelovek Shura Schjuka Tvor-znak Jeri
Myag-znak Ekho Juliana Jakov
--
"As everyone knows, dog is man's best friend -
        unless you're dyslexic, in which case you're stuck with God."